Examination, Consultation and Treatment in all areas of Cardiovascular diseases regardless of age, as well as the construction of a second medical opinion in all cases.
Coronary Heart Disease
- Before and after myocardial infarction
- Before Coronary Artery Bypass-Operation with a vein from the lower extremities
- Before Coronary Artery Bypass-Operation with an artery from the chest wall
- Follow-up of myocardial infarction: Mitral valve insufficiency (Leakage), aneurysm of the ventricular wall
Cardiac Valvular Diseases
- Consultation before Implantation of Replacement Valve on:
- Open Heart Surgery
- Synthetic heart valves
- Biological heart valves made from pig or calf tissues
- Heart Valves made from human tissues (Homograft)
- Valve replacement with patient’s own valves (Ross-Operation)
- Valve reconstruction surgery (repair of the existing valve)
- Without implantation of synthetic materials (rings, half-rings, etc.), but rather use of patient’s own tissue (pericardial tissues, etc.)
- Reconstruction are mostly of the Mitral Valve or Tricuspid valve, or in cases that allow for it- the Aortic Valve.
Operations on the Aorta
- Operations on the ascending aorta with or without Aortic valve replacement, mostly in Marfan-Syndrome, If possible via Catheter-Operation (TEVAR).
- In other aortic segments, depending on localization.
- Consultation on the indication of Transplantation and follow-up care.
Mechanical Circulatory Support (“Assist-Devices”)
- In all forms of treating Heart Failure
- Partial Circulatory Support, eg. “Sunshine Heart” – EECP-Therapy.
- Conservative treatment
- Intrinsic/Primary Cardiac Tumours
- Secondary Cardiac Tumours originating from outside of the Heart or Tumour Metastases.
- Possibly with implantation of a Pacemaker or Defibrillator
Congenital Heart Defects
- Especially in the adult-age
- Consultation on medical or surgical therapy